A developer reported the following message when trying to access his/her application.
The URL in this system does not exist on this system OR You don't have permission to access the requested application.
There are a few reasons on why this message can show up:
- The end user attempting to access the application does not have permission
- The end user attempting to access the application is typing in a wrong URL for an application that does not exist
- The platform's internal routing is pointing to the wrong server.
- Ask the developer/provider of the application to grant you access. For single tenant applications, the instructions can be found here: http://docs.apprenda.com/current/end-user-access . For multi-tenant applications, the instructions can be found here: http://docs.apprenda.com/current/subscription-assignment
- Make sure the URL being typed is correct. Remember that published versions of an application do not have --vX as part of the URL.
- You can relocate a UI for a guest application to have the internal routing rules resync with the underlying deployment. Use to Applications page in the SOC to relocate the Frontend workload. Instructions can be found here: http://docs.apprenda.com/current/managing-apprenda-applications
- Perform an iisrest on the Apprenda Load Manager servers