Apprenda ships with several core user interfaces that are used by various platform constituents:
- The Developer Portal is used by developers who produce applications and services and deploy them on the platform.
- The Account Portal may be used by application end users to manage their accounts and organizational (tenant) information.
- Authentication – the screens that all end users of the platform use to login, create accounts, retrieve forgotten passwords, and more.
These three interfaces are the three interfaces accessible by constituents other than the platform operator. Therefore, a platform operator may want to customize (“white label”) these interfaces to provide their customers (developer and end users) with a branded look and feel.
The approach to applying customizations has three steps:
- Host your style sheets and JS files either off platform or within a dedicated app on the platform (which will give you a known URL and the ability manage these resources through Apprenda lifecycle management – make sure you choose no platform services for this app). For example, you may deploy an app containing all customization resources at http://apps.myapprenda.com/customresources
- Use the Platform Registry in the SOC to provide URLs to these resources. The platform will overlay your customizations once these settings are in place:
- Developer Portal
- CSS - @DeveloperPortalCssOverrideUrl
- JS - @DeveloperJsOverrideUrl
- Account Portal
- CSS - @AccountPortalCssOverrideUrl
- JS - @AccountPortalJsOverrideUrl
- CSS - @AuthenticationCssOverrideUrls
- JS - @AuthenticationJsOverrideUrls
Each one of these Platform Registry settings is a comma delimited list of resource URLs. The platform will overlay them in the order that they are listed. For more information about modifying the Platform Registry, see: http://docs.apprenda.com/current/managing-registry