There are times as a Developer that you need to redeploy your website in order to apply a change in configuration for example:
- New resource policy being applied
- Change in the service account that your component will run as
- Refresh of the application pool (.NET UI)
The Apprenda Platform allows you to very easily redeploy your component by simply scaling your component down to 0 instances and scaling back out. In essence what this process does is:
- Tear down any currently running instance from the infrastructure
- Redeploy your component with the new configuration
Below are the steps to follow in order to redeploy every instance of your components. Note that during this process, your users might experience an outage reaching your application as new instances are being deployed.
- Navigate to the New Developer Portal (http://apps.XXX/developer/app/#/apps)
- Click on your application's name
- Once you have navigated to your application's page. Click on the Scale tab.
- Scale your application to 0 instances using the manual scaling option. Select 0 instances and hit the Save button on the bottom right corner.
- After the scaling is complete. Scale back to the desired instances.
Using the Old Developer Portal
If you do not have access to the new Developer Portal, you can achieve the same functionality by using the Cloud Control section. Below are the instructions.
- Navigate to the Developer Portal (http://apps.XXX/developer)
- Click on Applications
- Click on your application.
- Click on the Cloud Control icon for the version that you will be redeploying.
- In the Cloud Control panel, click on the component that you wish to redeploy. (For this example, I will be redeploying a web site).
- Use the panel to undeploy the instances currently running and redeploy new ones. In order to do this, select the deployed partitions and click on the "Undeploy Selected Partition" link. Then click on the deploy link in order to deploy new instances.